During 2016, the Single Resolution Board (SRB), via the National Resolution Authorities (NRAs) of the Banking Union Member States, has collected templates on liability data as at 31 December 2015.
The Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM) has decided to repeat the liability data collection, integrating the lessons learnt from the previous exercise and taking into account the feedback received from the NRAs as well as the industry.
Modifications have been kept to a strict minimum, yet a number of significant improvements can be highlighted:
- The data collection, storage and subsequent analysis will be automated within the SRB. To achieve this important goal, the report has been translated into XBRL (eXtended Business Reporting Language), in line with practice for FINREP and COREP reports. This entails a significant amount of technical changes to the format of the previous report. Notwithstanding the technical XBRL implementation at the SRB side, it will be possible for institutions to send the reports not only in XBRL, yet also in the format of an Excel template, provided that the structure of this file is not changed and the reported data fulfills all requirements.
- The scope of the report has been modified to reflect the needs for resolution planning, while limiting the burden of reporting for the groups and entities. Nevertheless, the SRM retains the flexibility to request additional information wherever and whenever it deems necessary to do so.
- Sub-consolidated views are introduced, based on the prudential scopes of consolidation, yet also for specific perimeters of resolution groups.
- Details on intragroup transactions have been modified to provide a comprehensive view on the internal interconnections within a group.
- Priorities and thresholds have been abolished, as they were meant to be transitional and prevent the SRM from having a full view on the loss-absorbing mechanisms.
- Insolvency regimes of Member States within the Banking Union are currently being analyzed in order to provide a mapping for each jurisdiction.
In respect of timing, the deadline for submission of the reports is 15 May 2017 for all institutions. This deadline is identical for files submitted in Excel and XBRL.
- Guidance on the Liability Data Report
- Excel Worksheet (V 1.0)
- Liability Data Report: Annex on Insolvency ranking
For the 2017 LDT data collection process, institutions have been asked by their NRAs to send data in Excel format. The conversion from Excel to XBRL will be performed by NRAs. Details of the XBRL taxonomy developed for the 2017 LDT may be found in the documents below. Any updates to these documents will be provided here.
- SRB XBRL Filing rules for the 2017 Liability Data Template (v1.1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions relating to the report can be submitted to the National Resolution Authorities. An FAQ will be published on this page in a later stage.
As a reminder, questions on the LDT can be raised directly with the SRB via LDT-QnA@srb.europa.eu until February 15th 2017. After this date, questions can still be raised via your NRA.