Target level and amount to be collected
- The 2018 target level was based on 1.15% of the average amount of covered deposits in 2017 (calculated quarterly) of all credit institutions authorised in the euro area;
- The total amount of 2018 ex-ante contributions that will be collected by the SRB in June 2018 amounts to €7.5bn This amount takes into account the deduction of the 2015 contributions and the impact of data restatements and revisions.
- In 2018, 3,315 institutions fell within the scope of the SRF;
- 49% were small institutions eligible for a lump-sum amount (total assets below €1 billion); and
- 28% were medium size institutions (total assets between €1 and €3 billion).
- 21% of the largest institutions paid 96% of the total 2018 ex-ante contributions.
- The 20 largest banking groups paid 67% of the total 2018 ex-ante contributions.
You can also consult:
Risk adjustment factor in the euro area
|Intervals for the risk adjustment factor||SRM risk adjustment factors:|
number of banks in each interval
Factsheet and Q&A translations