The Single Resolution Board's vision
Established by Regulation (EU) No 806/2014 on the Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM Regulation), the Single Resolution Board (SRB) has been operational as an independent European Union (EU) Agency since January 2015. The SRB strives to become a trusted and respected resolution authority with a strong resolution capacity and the ability to act swiftly and in an appropriate, consistent and proportionate manner in establishing and enforcing an effective resolution regime for banks in the Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM) jurisdictions, thus avoiding future bail-outs.
The role of the SRB is proactive: rather than waiting for resolution cases to handle, the SRB focuses on resolution planning and preparation with a forward-looking mindset to avoid the potential negative impact of a bank failure on the economy and on financial stability. The SRB aims to become a centre of expertise in bank resolution.
The Single Resolution Board's mission
The SRB is the central resolution authority within the Banking Union (BU). Together with the National Resolution Authorities (NRAs) of participating Member States (MS), it forms the SRM. The SRB works closely with the NRAs, the European Commission (EC), the European Central Bank (ECB), the European Banking Authority (EBA) and national competent authorities (NCAs).
Its mission is to ensure an orderly resolution of failing banks with minimum impact on the real economy, the financial system, and the public finances of the participating MS and beyond.
The role of the SRB is proactive: rather than waiting for resolution cases to manage, the SRB focuses on resolution planning and enhancing resolvability, to avoid the potential negative impacts of a bank failure on the economy and financial stability.
- SRB Organisation Chart
- SRB Code of Ethics
- SRB Multi-Annual Programming document and Work Programme 2018
- SRB 2017 Work Programme
- SRB 2016 Work Programme
- SRB 2015 Working Priorities
- Decision of the Plenary Session of the Board of 28 June 2016 establishing the framework for the practical arrangements for the cooperation within the Single Resolution Mechanism between the Single Resolution Board and national resolution authorities (SRB/PS/2016/07)
- Decision of the Executive Session of the Board of 9 February 2017 on public access to the Single Resolution Board documents (SRBES201701)
- Financial Management and Budgets