On 8 January 2018, a new regulation on the final system of administrative contributions came into force covering the running costs of the Single Resolution Board. This regulation replaces the transitional system that had been in place since the Board started its operations in November 2014 and outlines the permanent system for financing the SRB’s running expenses.
Under the new system, all credit institutions established in the Banking Union need to contribute to the administrative expenditures of the SRB. The same holds true for all parent undertakings (incl. financial holding and mixed financial holding companies), investment firms and financial institutions that are covered by the consolidated supervision of the European Central Bank.
In 2018, following the entry into force of the final system, the contributions of all institutions that already contributed to the Board’s administrative expenditure by way of instalments under the provisional system have been recalculated. Entities that did not contribute to the administrative expenditure of the Board under the provisional system have been requested to pay their share of the operating expenses, retrospectively for the financial years 2015, 2016 and 2017 (the months of November and December 2014 are considered part of the financial year 2015).
The differences between the instalments paid, if any, and the recalculated contributions have been partly settled by increasing or decreasing the contributions due from these entities for the 2018 financial year. Any remaining amounts from that calculation will be settled in the following years in accordance with the regulation.
For more detailed information on the administrative contributions process, you can consult:
THE LEGAL ACTS
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 2017/2361 on the final system of contributions to the administrative expenditures of the SRB
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1310/2014 (provisional system of instalments that has been in use since 2014)
2018 Administrative contributions cycle
- Around 2.730 institutions have been notified about their contributions to the administrative expenditures of the SRB.
- The individual Contribution Notices have been sent to all institutions on 9 March 2018. The deadline for payment was Friday, 13 April 2018.
- The total annual administrative contributions collected in 2018 for the SRB’s administrative expenditures amounts to €91.4mn.
MORE INFORMATION ON 2018 CYCLE:
- 2018 Reader guide
- 2018 Questions and answers (FAQs)
- 2018 Statistical information for estimation of contributions
- 6th Industry Dialogue – Presentation on administrative contributions
2019 Administrative contributions cycle
The 2019 contributions cycle has been launched in January 2019. The SRB expects to send the 2019 administrative Contributions Notices to all institutions in the first quarter (Q1) of the year.
MORE INFORMATION ON 2019 CYCLE:
- 2019 Questions and answers (FAQs)
- 7th Industry Dialogue – Presentation on administrative contributions
- The data privacy statement of the data collected for the 2019 process
More detailed information will be published after the final calculation has been performed.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS:
Email address: SRB-ADMIN-CONTRIBUTIONS@srb.europa.eu
Telephone: +32 2 490 34 44