In line with Article 14 of Commission Delegated Regulation 2015/63, the SRB will conduct a collection of the data needed for the calculation of ex-ante contributions to the Single Resolution Fund related to the 2021 cycle. The SRB will receive the data from national resolution authorities (NRAs) which will collect the data from the individual institutions.
As for the 2020 data collection, NRAs can choose to send data from their institutions in the following two formats for the 2021 data collection:
- Excel (.xlsx extension)
- XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language)
This page summarises the information relevant for the NRAs of the Banking Union. If instructed by their NRA, institutions can also use the material to report data.
In line with the common practice for XBRL-based data collections and in order to aid NRAs that choose to submit data in XBRL format, the SRB publishes the following items:
- The SRF taxonomy for the 2021 data collection
- The SRB XBRL filing rules
- The SRF validation rules in a user-friendly format
- The 2021 SRF reporting form (in pdf format)
- The data privacy statement of the 2021 reporting form
Naming conventions for reports submitted in Excel format
Where national resolution authorities choose to submit data from institutions in Excel format, the files need to adhere to following structure of the file name for the report:[LEI code]_[country code]_[taxonomy version]_[filing type]_[submission deadline]_[time stamp].xlsx
- LEI code: Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) code of the institution
- Country code: two letter ISO code of country where the institution is authorised (e.g. AT for Austria)
- Taxonomy version: the latest taxonomy version published by the SRB (currently 6.0.2, therefore SRF060002)
- Filing type: EACIND (Ex-Ante Contributions INDividial)
- Submission deadline: 2021-01-31 (the deadline in line with Art. 14 (4) of Commission Delegated Regulation 2015/63)
- Time stamp: 17 digit number (any 17 digit number is accepted by the system, but one can chose the time of the creation of the file measured in milliseconds, e.g. 20210115161452154 for 15 January 2021 at 16:14 and 52.154 seconds)
It has to be noted that the taxonomy version, the filing type and the submission deadline are the same for all institutions within the data collection in the context of the 2021 ex-ante contributions.
For a Dutch institution with the LEI identifier A7746KUYPUHT22STMI41.
Any further instructions to NRAs for the SRF data collection will be published on this website. It is recommended that NRAs check the content of this website regularly.
Format accepted by NRAs from institutions
Depending on the IT facilities and the individual process for the data collection, NRAs may decide to restrict the format that institutions can submit (i.e. purely Excel or xbrl in one jurisdiction). Institutions should contact their NRA via the established channels to learn more about the details on the process for the data collection in their jurisdictions. Likewise, institutions from a jurisdiction where the data is collected in excel format will receive the excel templates from their NRA.