Target level and amount collected
- The 2017 target level was based on 1.05% of covered deposits (2016).
- The amount of ex-ante contributions collected by the SRF at the end of June 2017 was €6.6bn. This amount takes into account the deduction of 2015 contributions and other adjustments.
- 89.7% of the contributions were transferred as paid-in contributions (€5.96bn), whereas 10.3% were provided as irrevocable payment commitments (IPCs) (€685 million).
- In 2017, 3,512 institutions were in scope of the SRF.
- 53% paid a lump-sum amount (small institutions).
- 26% were medium size institutions (total asset below €3bn).
- 20% of institutions paid 96% of the total 2017 ex-ante contributions.
- The 20 largest contributing banking groups paid 65% of the total 2017 ex-ante contributions.
For more statistical information on the calculation results, please consult the 2016/17 ex-ante contributions tables.
Risk adjustment factor in the Euro Area
|Intervals for the risk adjustment factor||SRM risk adjustment factors:|
number of banks in each interval
- According to the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA), in 2017, 60% of the amount collected in the SRF is mutualised.