Target level and amount to be collected
- The 2019 target level was based on 1.15% of the average amount of covered deposits in 2018 (calculated quarterly) of all credit institutions authorized in the euro area;
- The growth of covered deposits in 2018 (versus 2017) was 2.7%. In 2017 the growth rate (versus 2016) was 3.2% and in 2016 the growth rate (versus 2015) was 2.2%. The average growth rate of covered deposits between 2015 and 2018 is 2.7%.
- The total amount of 2019 ex-ante contributions that will be collected by the SRB in June 2019 amounts to €7.819bn. This amount takes into account the deduction of the 2015 contributions and the impact of data restatements and revisions.
- In 2019, 3,186 institutions fell within the scope of the SRF;
- 49% were small institutions eligible for a lump-sum amount (total assets below €1 billion); and
- 29% were medium size institutions (total assets between €1 and €3 billion).
- 22% of the largest institutions paid 97% of the total 2019 ex-ante contributions.
- The 20 largest banking groups paid 67% of the total 2019 ex-ante contributions.
- 2019 Fact Sheet
- 2019 Questions and Answers
- 2019 statistical information on the calculation results
- 2019 additional statistical information on the discretization
Risk adjustment factor in the euro area
|Intervals for the risk adjustment factor||SRM risk adjustment factors:
number of banks in each interval
The table above shows for the 2019 contribution period the distribution of the risk adjustment factor, computed and rescaled over the range between 0.8 and 1.5 in accordance with Article 9(3) of Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/63:
- 8% of the risk-adjusted entities (137 institutions) are classified with a risk adjustment factor between 0.8 and 1;
- the risk adjustment factor for 77% of the risk-adjusted entities (1,245 institutions) ranges from 1 to 1.3;
- 15% of the risk-adjusted entities (247 institutions) are classified with a risk adjustment factor ranging from 1.3 to 1.5.